Mauritanian iron ore project
The largest iron ore financing globally in 2009 and in the history of Mauritania. One of the largest ever iron ore financings in Western Africa. Trade Finance Deal of the year 2010.
Mongolian copper gold mine project
The world’s largest, undeveloped copper-gold porphyry deposit. When completed, Oyu Tolgoi will be the first project financing in Mongolia and the largest project financing ever completed in the mining sector
Canadian rare earth elements project
One of the world’s largest undeveloped rare earth elements resources, the Project is one of the few sources of ‘heavy’ rare earth elements outside of China.
Our Team > Ian Chan
Ian Chan has over fourteen years of corporate finance experience working across a number of different sectors. Over the last ten years, Ian has focused exclusively on the Metals and Mining sectors. Before joining HCF, Ian worked in an in-house M&A and strategy role with one of Australia’s largest companies and, prior to that, in the M&A team of ABN AMRO in Australia.
Education and citizenship:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Bachelor of Law, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Chartered Accountant
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Dual Australian and British citizen