Mauritanian iron ore project
The largest iron ore financing globally in 2009 and in the history of Mauritania. One of the largest ever iron ore financings in Western Africa. Trade Finance Deal of the year 2010.
Mongolian copper gold mine project
The world’s largest, undeveloped copper-gold porphyry deposit. When completed, Oyu Tolgoi will be the first project financing in Mongolia and the largest project financing ever completed in the mining sector
Canadian rare earth elements project
One of the world’s largest undeveloped rare earth elements resources, the Project is one of the few sources of ‘heavy’ rare earth elements outside of China.
Our Team > Dr. Dion Vaughan
Dr. Dion Vaughan
Dion has over 25 years of relevant expertise as both an investment banker and senior industry executive in the field of metals & materials.
He has held senior positions at Johnson Matthey Metals, BP and the leading UK private steelmaker Sheffield Forgemasters, covering research, marketing and business development.
Dion’s corporate finance career includes roles with JP Morgan, Chase Manhattan and Robert Fleming, where he worked on a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, debt & equity capital raisings, privatisations and strategic advisory assignments.
Key roles include:
- Metalysis – Chief Executive Officer (Current)
Key Transactions include:
- Rio Tinto – advised on the sale of its majority interest in Hi-Smelt JV
- Vacuumschmelze & AMR Technologies – advised on USD 435m of Rare Earth related M&A
- Deloro Stellite Group – advised on the purchase of the group by a European PE fund
- Doncasters – advised on the IPO
Education, citizenship and languages:
- PhD Materials Science, Queen Mary University of London
- Member: UK Institute of Metals, Mining and Materials
- British citizen
- Languages: English